C&IT's Telecommunications Team is responsible for all aspects of telephone service and support for Wayne State. This includes changing or updating your voice/data service, setting up and maintaining voicemail, and providing information about the available equipment. Our area also provides directory assistance, call center management, and call asset management for the University.
- Voicemail system with the ability to receive a copy of voicemail messages in your Wayne Connect email inbox
- The ability to submit a Telephone Service Request for services such as adding a line, moving a line, data activation, and voicemail service
- Circuit repairs available for all university departments, mostly resolved within 24 hours
- Information about phones, headests, and more
- Conference calls available to all faculty and staff
- Easy access to accounts, bills, and fee estimates
Click on the menu to the left to explore the telecommunications services that Wayne State offers.
- IT Customer Services Help Desk: (313) 577-1977 (8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Telecommunications Help Desk Chat Support
- TDD/TTY Service:
- From within the University: Dial 9 then 711
- From outside the University: Dial 711
- Directory Assistance at C&IT Help Desk: (313) 577-2424