- To reduce the cost of desktop software that has universal interest through volume purchase agreements and site licensing
- To promote software anti-piracy and encourage patrons to comply with licensing requirements
The C&IT Help Desk offers a variety of widely used desktop applications for departmental and non-departmental machines.Popular Offerings Include:
- Microsoft Office (free for current employees and registered students at computing.wayne.edu/office)
- Adobe Creative Cloud (discounts for departmental use)
- SPSS (free for registered students; discounts for departmental use)
- SAS (discounts for departmental use)
- Stata (discounts for students, faculty and staff)
- Thomson EndNote (free to current students, faculty, staff)
- Symantec (free for departmental use)
- Note: Wayne State University does not offer antivirus software for personal use, but the C&IT Help Desk recommends and offers support for Microsoft Defender and Sophos. Learn more here.
Software downloads are available online 24/7. Click here to access the online store and find free downloads.
Reach us via phone, email or live chat. The C&IT Help Desk is available Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m.-8 p.m.
Visit us in person for hands-on support. The C&IT Help Desk office is open Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Lower Level of the Student Center Building - 005 SCB
Note: The C&IT Help Desk is closed on University holidays.