The Virtual Private Network (VPN) at Wayne State University uses the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol, which provides secure communications on the internet. By using the VPN, your computer effectively and securely becomes part of the WSU network regardless of its location.
Students, Staff, Guests
- Provides data encryption for extra security
- Access to FTP, Banner, Cognos, Windows file shares and more
C&IT recommends accessing the VPN via the Pulse Secure client. Use the appropriate link to download Pulse Secure on your computer.
- Pulse Secure for older 32-bit Windows computers (including Vista and Win7)
- Pulse Secure for newer 64-bit computers (including Vista, Win7 and Win8)
- Pulse Secure for all supported Mac OS (including Sierra)
The Pulse Secure client is recommended, but the WSU VPN may also be accessed via web browser. Visit vpn.wayne.edu and log in with your AccessID and password.
You may also connect to the WSU VPN with a mobile device. Refer to the C&IT Knowledge Base for instructions to download the Pulse Secure app.