Virtual Server Hosting allows Wayne State University schools, colleges and divisions to run servers without the hassle of purchase, maintenance and operation.
Virtual servers are hosted in the C&IT Data Center. C&IT's VMWare team monitors and provides continual service improvements to all servers.
- Hardware environment providing at least 3GHz of processing power.
- Up to four processors per Virtual Machine.
- Up to 24 gigabytes of RAM based on application need and monitoring.
- 24/7 remote server access.
- Regular backups to C&IT's NetBackup system.
- The creation of a virtual server in C&IT's Virtual Server environment.
- Initial installation of a VMware Supported Operating System (OS) (Windows or Linux).
- Initial installation of NetBackup client utility.
- Initial installation of university site-licensed antivirus software.
Virtual Server Hosting Annual Prices
|1 CPU, 4 GB RAM, 100 GB Disk w/on-site backup||$1800.00|
|Additional CPU (per processor, up to four)||$95.00|
|Additional Memory (RAM) - per GB (up to 12 GB, 24 GB for research)||$20.00|
|Additional Disk (per 100 GB, up to 2 TB) w/backup (45 day retention): offsite||$230.00|