- Provide secure end-to-end confidentiality and integrity from your server to your clients.
- Secure any data communications with 128-bit, 256-bit or 2048-bit encryption.
- Showcase your web application in a professional manner.
- Alleviate customers from having to click through browser warnings.
- Achieve compliance with various regulatory requirements.
- Extended Validation (EV) option available for high-traffic public systems.
This service is exclusively offered by C&IT and is subject to the following limitations:
- The DNS name of the web service must end in wayne.edu.
- The requesting party must be a full time WSU staff member or a faculty member.
- The server receiving the certificate must be hosted within the WSU-owned 220.127.116.11/16 or 18.104.22.168/16 address space.
- The certificate may not be re-used on any server(s) outside of WSU's network or any system that is not explicitly authorized by C&IT.
- C&IT reserves the right to block network access to any system that violates the trust of our customers.
- C&IT reserves the right to revoke the certificate at any time.
- The certificate will be issued only to the requesting party.
- The requesting party may not share the certificate and/or keys with any other party.
- Any exception to this policy must be explicitly approved by C&IT's Security department.
- C&IT reserves the right to inspect and/or audit the server receiving the certificate.
Request a signed SSL certificate here.
- Typical response times for SSL Certificate Delivery is within one business day.
- You must generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) for each certificate that you wish to obtain.
Contact the Information Security office at email@example.com for any questions regarding the issuance of SSL certificates.
- See DigiCert's SSL Certificate CSR Creation page for a general guideline on how to generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR): digicert.com/csr-creation.