C&IT's Telecommunications Team is responsible for all aspects of telephone service and support for Wayne State University. This includes changing or updating your voice/data service, setting up and maintaining voicemail, and providing information about the available equipment. The team also provides directory assistance, call center management and call asset management for the university.
C&IT is upgrading WSU's campus to VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) over the course of the next year. While the upgrade is in progress, two phone systems will run concurrently. During this time, all users are encouraged dial full phone numbers when making calls in campus ( e.g., 9-1-313-577-4357).
Learn more on our VoIP page.
- Voicemail system with the ability to receive a copy of voicemail messages in your Wayne Connect email inbox.
- The ability to submit a Telephone Service Request for services such as adding a line, moving a line, data activation and voicemail service.
- Circuit repairs available for all university departments, mostly resolved within 24 hours.
- Information about phones, headsets and more.
- Conference calls available to all faculty and staff.
- Easy access to accounts, bills and fee estimates.