- Schools, colleges and divisions can send an eblast to everyone at WSU.
- Target pre-selected groups (e.g. students, faculty, staff and/or academic or administrative management).
- Get your own Group ID Account to give your office an identity and communicate your message in an official or professional manner.
Bulk emails/eblasts are intended for use by schools, colleges and divisions to spread information important to WSU as a whole. Users cannot be removed from a list or opt out of receiving them.
If you need to distribute a promotional message, an event invitation, a survey or a similar communication, there may be better ways to contact your audience:
- Contact the webmaster of your school, college, or division website. He or she may be able to assist you in contacting your specific area, which in turn will result in a higher engagement rate.
- If your school, college or division uses the WSU Content Management System to run their website, the webmaster may be willing to post a news article which can be syndicated across digital signage, the Today@Wayne newsletter (sent each workday to all faculty and staff) and even the WSU homepage.
- The Dean of Students Office (DOSO) distributes a Get Involved newsletter twice a week to all students. Students may submit their message to DOSO via this form.
- Use these existing methods to contact your audience to keep down the volume of email. The fewer emails each person gets, the more likely they are to read these newsletters and see your message.