The WSU Broadcast Messaging Service delivers priority alerts and other significant messages to WSU students, faculty, and staff. This service is an opt-in communication method that allows our students, employees and faculty to stay up-to-date with campus events that require their attention, as well as important administrative alerts related to student success.
Short codes are special telephone numbers, anywhere from four to six digits in length, which can be used to send SMS (Short Message Service) messages from cellular phones. WSU's short code is 37717.
Wayne State University does not incur any premium charges for this service. Standard usage charges from your cellular phone provider still apply, however. If you have additional questions, contact the Computing & Information Technology (C&IT) Help Desk.
Alerts sent via SMS may not be delivered to you if your phone is not in range of a transmission site, or if sufficient network capacity is not available at a particular time. Even within a coverage area, factors beyond the control of your wireless carrier may interfere with message delivery, including the customer's equipment, terrain, proximity to buildings, foliage, and weather. You acknowledge that urgent alerts may not be timely received and that your wireless carrier does not guarantee that alerts will be delivered.
Terms and Conditions
- Message and data rates may apply.
The WSU Broadcast Messaging Service provides service updates and mobile alerts. You may be charged a fee to send and receive messages based on the terms of your mobile service provider. Check your mobile service provider if you have questions about your mobile service plan.
- Message frequency varies by user.
- Wayne State University is not liable for any delays in the receipt of any messages.
- Only WSU students, faculty, and staff are eligible to receive Text/SMS messages from WSU. If you have not registered your cell phone with WSU, you will receive no reply.
- Current valid codes include STOP, END, QUIT, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE, or HELP. See details below.
- For additional questions, please send an email with your mobile number and question to: C&IT Help Desk
- This service is available on the following mobile service providers:
- 7-Eleven Speakout Wireless
- Airvoice Wireless
- Alltel / CenturyTel
- American Messaging
- Amp'd Mobile
- Bell Mobility
- Boost Mobile
- CTI Movil
- Cellular One
- Cellular South
- Centennial Wireless
- Cincinnati Bell Wireless
- Consumer Cellular
- Disney Mobile
- Edge Wireless
- Google Voice
- Hawiian Telcom
- Idea Cellular
- Jitterbug Wireless
- KDDI Mobile
- Liberty Wireless
- MTS Mobility
- Net10 Wireless
- Page Plus
- Petro-Canada Mobility
- President's Choice Telecom
- Primus Canada
- Reliance Mobile
- Rogers Wireless
- STI Mobile
- SaskTel Mobility
- Sears Connect
- Solo Mobile
- Sprint PCS
- Telebec Mobilite
- Telus Mobility
- Thumb Cellular
- U.S. Cellular
- Verizon Wireless
- Virgin Moblie
- Working Assets Wireless
- XE Mobile
- einstein Wireless
- uWho Wireless
The 37717 priority alerts provides you with mobile content regarding events on campus, such as bomb threats or closures due to inclement weather. This is a subscription service to which you must opt-in. To subscribe, follow the instructions below:
- Navigate to https://broadcast.wayne.edu.
- Enter your WSU AccessID and password.
- If you have not done so already, register your cell phone after reviewing the end-user agreement and terms and conditions.
- Select the checkbox that states that you would like to receive priority communications from Wayne State University via cell/SMS.
To stop (opt-out of) all services
You can unsubscribe from all services at any time. To unsubscribe, follow the instructions below. The codes END, QUIT, CANCEL or UNSUBSCRIBE also will work.
|To stop receiving alerts (37717)||Text "STOP" to 37717|
|Response from 37717||Successfully unsubscribed from WSU SMS alerts. To re-enroll, visit https://broadcast.wayne.edu.|
Receiving Help via your phone
The code "HELP" provides you with information on how to obtain additional help.
|To receive help||Text "HELP" to 37717|
|Response from 37717||For more information on SMS alerts from Wayne State University, visit https://broadcast.wayne.edu or call 313-577-HELP.|