The Information Technology Steering Committee (ITSC) is the executive-level technology steering committee at Wayne State University. The ITSC makes final recommendations to the President on strategic technology matters.
Most of the structured input to the ITSC comes from the Information Systems Management Committee (ISMC), the Campus Technology Leaders Council (CTLC) and the Academic Technology Advisory Group (ATAG) through recommendations for specific projects on continuous IT improvements.
Membership and Meetings
ITSC membership is primarily composed of select members of the President’s cabinet, representing both the academic (instruction and research) and the administrative branches of the institution.
ITSC meetings take place on a monthly basis and are convened by the university's Chief Information Officer (CIO) and Associate Vice President for Computing & Information Technology.
- Daren Hubbard, Chief Information Officer and Associate Vice President for
Computing & Information Technology (Convener)
- William Decatur, Vice President, Treasurer and Chief Financial Officer
- Stephen Lanier, Vice President for Research
- Louis Lessem, Vice President and General Counsel
- Keith Whitfield, Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs (Chair)
- Michael Wright, President's Chief of Staff and AVP of Marketing and Communications