Voicemail allows callers to leave you a personal, secure message when you are unavailable and allows you to access and manage your messages from any phone or computer, anywhere, anytime.
- Receive a copy of voicemail messages in your Wayne Connect email inbox
- Listen to your WSU Voicemail messages from a computer via Web Inbox
- Ability to speak desired voicemail commands in lieu of pressing keypad buttons
- Access your voicemail messages or settings from any phone at any time
- Use an alternate or extended absence greeting for when you will be away from the office
- Up to 60 minutes of storage for voicemail messages
- New messages can be kept for 29 days while saved messages can be kept up to 22 days
The web inbox feature is distinct and separate from the voicemail-to-email feature.
- Web Inbox presents voicemails in a browser window in real time
- Voicemail and web inbox functions are synchronized. (e.g., deleting a message on your phone also deletes it in your web inbox, and vice-versa)
Voicemail to Email
- Voicemail-to-email sends a copy of the voicemail to your Wayne Connect inbox as a .wav file
- Voicemail-to-email functions are not synchronized. (e.g., deleting a message on your phone does not delete the .wav file in your Wayne Connect inbox, or vice-versa)
To add voicemail, a web inbox, or the voicemail-to-email feature to your WSU phone, or to reset forgotten security codes, you must submit a voicemail Telephone Service Request (TSR) to IT Customer Services.
- Call the IT Customer Services Help Desk at (313) 577-1977.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org